Wednesday, April 16, 2014

girls of the world

You may have thought the Galentine's project ended in February. You thought wrong, my friend. Now it's not so much a Galentine's thing as an artistic pursuit. Like I dream about buying colored pencils and feel that giddy satisfaction that simultaneously makes you feel like flying and incredibly grounded when I make the cards. The feeling I've had in the past when playing the cello, storytelling, embroidering, directing and teaching. The creative process coming alive. Look at me waxing rhapsodic about this. But if there is anything to wax rhapsodic about, it's creative work. I just never really thought that would be connected to visual art.
 Never say never, I guess, because I started a Girls of the World series. I'm a little bit in love with them.
                                                                Here's a sampling:

France
Navajo

Greece
Afghanistan
Mexico
Scotland

Poland
Kenya
Peru
Norway

No comments: