Tuesday, April 29, 2014

these United States

 After talking about tipis and Moab and bucket lists and thinking about head wraps and flannel and other such sartorial choices for glamping, I feel like it's the appropriate time to reveal the newest addition of my cards. I have embraced the power of the artist to be working on multiple projects at once, even if the projects look similar. So I've shown a few of my many international girls and simultaneously I came up with another set.
  This may call for some explanation. I feel like hipster is a bit of a nebulous and strangely large but also a narrow niche of a thing. But I find the whole thing fascinating. That might be partly because I took a buzzfeed quiz that said I was slightly hipster. I'm on the fringe and I want to know. I was also trying to figure out another way to capture these United States in my international girls. So Hipsters Across the US was born. A bit of a lark. A lark that had some snark. I didn't add any of that here. I'll let you interpret it without said snark.

Northeast (NYC, let's just be real)
New England

Midwest
Great Plains 
Southwest
Northwest



No comments: